Lecture Series, Liberty on Trial in America, Cases that Defined Freedom, CH 1979
Wednesday, Mar 24, 2021
Contact Person: Jane Kieser
Liberty on Trial in America
Professor Douglas O. Linder, JE, Professor of Law,
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
This course examines fascinating trials that have defined the meaning of Liberty in America. Some of the individuals you will meet include John Brown, Susan B. Anthony, Lenny Bruce, Jack Kevorkian and Jane Roe.
March 3 The Road to Roe v. Wade, and The Right to an Intimate Life
March 10 The Ruby Ridge Trial, and The Trials of Jack Kevorkian
March 17 Boy Scouts of America v. Dale, and Kelo v. The City of New London
March 24 The Citizens United Case, and Liberty for nonhumans?
Location Abbreviations Explained
|A & C = Arts & Crafts Room||AUD = Auditorium||BPERA CFR = BPERA Conference Room||BSR = Back Stage Room|
|CFR = Conference Room||CR = Card Room||CTY = Courtyard||GR = Game Room|
|LIB = Library||LL = Lower Lobby||LR = Lafayette Room||ML = Main Lobby|
|OBT = OakBridge Terrace||VR = Versailles Room||WBC = WillowBrooke Court|
- Acts Trips – status of upcoming Acts vacation opportunities
- Activities Schedule – include descriptions & contacts
- Fitness Activities Schedule – include descriptions & contacts
- Transportation Schedule 4-2021 for Medical, Grocery and Shopping buses.
* Acts Transportation Department requires 48 hrs. notice in order to arrange timely transportation to doctors appointments. Please contact the Receptionist at the front desk with the necessary information.