Lecture Series, History's Greatest Voyages of Exploration, CH 1979
Wednesday, Oct 21, 2020
Contact Person: Jane Kieser
Presented by Professor Vejas Gabriel Liulevicius, University of Tennessee, Knoxville. All lectures will be shown at 7:00 p.m. on channel 1979.
This fall we are showing History’s Greatest Voyages of Exploration, from which we will learn about explorers such as St. Brendan, Leif Eriksson, Ida Pfeiffer and end up with The Race to Outer Space.
October 7: The Enigmatic Christopher Columbus, and Magellan and the Advent of Globalizations
October 14: The Ruthless Ambition of the Conquistadors, and Henry Hudson, Death on the Ice
October 21: The Jesuits on a Global Mission, and Captain Cook Maps the World
October 28 Alexander von Humboldt – Explorer Genius, and Jefferson Dispatches Lewis and Clark
Location Abbreviations Explained
|AUD = Auditorium||BPERA = BPERA Conference Room||BSR = Back Stage Room||GR = Game Room|
|CFR = Conference Room||CR = Card Room||LL = Lower Lobby||LR = Lafayette Room|
|ML = Main Lobby||OBT = OakBridge Terrace||VR = Versailles Room||WBC = WillowBrook Court|
- Acts Trips – status of upcoming Acts vacation opportunities
- Activities Schedules – include descriptions & contacts
- Fitness Activities Schedules – include descriptions & contacts
- Transportation Schedule – grocery stores, shopping & medical buses
* Acts Transportation Department requires 48 hrs. notice in order to arrange timely transportation to doctors appointments. Please contact the Receptionist at the front desk with the necessary information.